Monday, August 08, 2005

Today in history.... special day tt'll be etched in my heart

Touched
I stepped out of my house this morning, and was greeted by the sight of dark clouds. We'll most likely hv our picnic in our classrooms. I was standing outside the library waiting for our classrooms to be unlocked.... and received my 2 essays. Was damn happie i got 28 and 29 marks. Coz never have i gotten anything higher than a 25. Here's where i was touched. Eugene came up to me carrying a box of Hotcakes from Mac. And he said, "Hock buy this for u". I was really really touched by his gesture though i repeatedly told him over msn that i can take care of my own self. Haha..... and .... was really touched lah. Can't thank him enuff...waah Hock, that was totally unexpected. But i wonder... how come it was Eugene and not u who passed it to me. Haha.... damn touched.

Anw, the class sat in three groups as usual... haha... yea....and Yinlu and Jinlu could really kick the chapteh lah....and btw AJ's National Day celebration super duper boring.

Hanging out
Hock asked me if i wanted to join them play pool. And my first rxn was "hmm...". Then it was a "my mum haben giv me my allowance yet". In my mind, I knew that this was sthg i always do when frens asked me out.... then i told hock, "see how.... most probably can". Haha.... and i did go.

On the way to City Hall, on the train, i met this guy who said hi to me and we started to converse. Black pants and white shirt and a black name tag on his breast pocket, i knew who he was, or at least where he's coming from. He shook my hand and said his name was Elder Johanston and asked my name, where i'm going, what'll i be doing there and whether or not i'm Singaporean. He also commented that Singapore's a big city to which i replied, it's rather small.That's when he said he's American and doing some volunteering work for church thing. Haha.... Wasted sia he alighting at Orchard.... if not we could have an "interesting" conversation. Lol... I always wonder why these ppl are sent out on the streets.... u dun see any other organised religions doing this sortof things...

Anw, Marina Square was the destination. And we walked thru the citylink thingy for the second time in my life. Saw lots of beautiful and colourful things. Was going up the escalator when i learnt abt a very special day. Haha.... dun wanna say it here but they thot i knew. They really thot i knew. I really dun. Anw, i m the kind of guy who wun bother abt such things. But somehow, its like a totally difft issue now. Just different. But to be frank, i never actually did any sorts of things for anyone in my entire life. But i realise that even w/o them telling me, there has got to be a first for everything. Hhaha... and while playing pool...my mind was in fact elsewhere lah...(though me and gene won Sherman's team 6 times lah)... well back to the story, I was in a world of disbelief.... i can t believe that it's just 2 days away. Haha....Hock kind of took me by surprise there....

Really.......i have never done this sort of things before. But for some funny reason, I just feel as though i ought to at least do sthg. Haha.... ok ok... better not think out loud anymore...

After pool, Hock told me that i was bored. Haa.... he said he could tell from my facial expression. Ermm... besides the fact that i realise understanding Chinese would make things less boring.... i wasnt bored lah......my mind was elsewhere... haha... u noe wat i mean...

Den decided to go home.... but b4 that, took a walk along the Bay. Haha.... Hock told me that it is quite nice to walk there with your girlfriend. But since i got none, i decided to walk there with someone i love.... haha.... my own self lah! Yea.... anw... the view not that nice lah. The water so dirty. The water smell like sea water....erm....maybe it is seawater...ya... While walking, I decided that i may not make it home in time for the second prayer of the day, and i noe theres a mosque somewhere in the area. I asked a guy who told me its below the UOB building, which was not that far from the Esplanade. haha... so i walked along the bay and across the bridge....the bridge seems to be the one i keep seeing on Chinese dramas.... haha.... maybe at night romantic lah....i dunnoe. Then i saw merlion and i din realise got a baby one as well lah. And after asking ard for directions, i reached the place and did my prayers there.

After all that comes the funny thing....i wanted to walk ard,"see the world"... and that was when i started walking in circles. Haa... was damn lost there lah.... haha.... after walking in abt 3 or 4 BIG circles.... i ended up walking in front of Parliament House...then...at the Padang... then finally at City Hall Mrt. I learnt sthg new today. My definition of "town" is definitely much wider now. haha.... really... Singapore's not that small afterall.

Well, thats abt it i guess.... rather interesting day, to me...

Had gotten this book "Today In History"
I know what i'll put for today and for 10 Aug
Special days tt i'll remember
Though it took me by surprise
Owe it to Hock though
Really...thanks
You're one of a kind

...both of you...

Simply dun noe what's gotten into me
Probably nthg,
End of JC life is near i guess
Can't believe it's almost over when thing's just getting started
I believe the teachers were right afterall, 2 years is a short time
Amazing 2 years, amazing frens,and hopefully, an amazing ending
Last lap...my last lap....your last lap...make it count

No comments: